Channels are simply avenues of communication your customers can use to reach you. Some types of channels you might have on your account are:
- SMS Channels (phone numbers)
- Website Texts (leads from your website text button)
- Live Chats (optional add-on to your website button)
- Facebook Messenger
- Google My Business Chat
- Secure Chat
In the channels section, you can view your channel details and edit your channels. Clicking on Edit Channel, you’ll be directed to the Edit screen where you can modify and update the channel’s information. But if you want to view the details prior to editing, you can click on View Details.
On the main channels page, you will be able to see all of your channels, the compliance profile attached and what queue the channel routes to.
Using the View Details button sends you to a screen with 2 tabs.
- The General tab will show full details, including what queue the channel is routing to, where the channel is forwarded to (if applicable), the Compliance Profile that is associated with this channel, and the Registration Link and QR Code.
- The registration link and QR Code will allow customers to register/opt-in for that specific channel.
- The Sharing tab will allow you to see which users or teams have access to this channel. Users or teams with access to a channel will be able to initiate outbound conversations on this channel.
- You can remove a team/user by clicking on the red trash can icon, located to the right of each user. If you want to add a User or Team to this channel, click +Add another team or user button, located at the bottom of the list of Members. This will pull a list of all Users and Teams, select one, and click the Save button to complete.
You can access the Edit screen from within the View Details section, by clicking the Edit button in the top right hand corner. If you make any changes to the channel, be sure to scroll to the bottom and click Save.
If your list of channels is rather long, you can search for a specific channel using this search field. Typing the first three letters will initiate a search of the list and pull results.
Add or Remove a Channel
To add or remove a channel, please use the Support button in the left-hand menu to reach a member of the Captivated Support team.