Administrators can bulk import up to 2,000 contacts into their contact list in Captivated under the Administration section > Import Contacts. Reach out to Captivated Support if your contact list is over 2,000.
Choose to either ignore the row or update the contact record when the contact being imported already exists. Uploaded files must be .csv files with UTF-8 encoding. If your file is currently .xlsx, you will see a bunch of symbols in the preview. Just head to Excel and hit “File” and “Save As” and choose .csv from the dropdown.
A successful import requires clean and accurate data. Check out these Excel tips and tricks before you import into Captivated to make sure your data is clean and accurate.
If you choose to update the existing contact record when a contact already exists in Captivated, you can then choose whether you would like to add to or replace tags and notes for your import.
- Your .csv file should include headers for each column.
- You must select where you’d like to map your columns from the dropdown list; if you don’t select something for the column, the information in that column will be ignored rather than imported.
- At a minimum, you need to map First Name, Last Name and Phone Number for a successful import.
- You can map your data to the following fields within Captivated: Prefix, First Name, Last Name, Suffix, Salutation, Company Name, Phone Number, Email, Tags, and Notes.
- Note: The following fields are searchable in Captivated: First Name, Last Name, Company Name, Phone Number, Tags.
Once your file is ready to be imported, choose the “Import” button at the bottom of the page to complete your import.